• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

manual installation of Application

werbemaxe

New Pleskian
Hi there,
I have the Plesk Panel 10 and I intalled some applications, such as the livehelp (craftysyntax) or coppermine. However, some appliations are VERY old. Can I manually update them to a newer version and will this still be possible to manage them through the panel? Thus.. will the panel recognize the applications after I manually updated them?

Or is there any way to get recent updates of those software?

thanks, max

Do you mean that all these applications have been installed from Applications Catalog in Plesk?

Hi Igor,

yes, I have installed these via the plesk panel (catalog). For example, I have installed the CSLH (Crafty Syntax Live Help) version 2.15.0, but the new version is 3.1.4.

The version which I can install via the Plesk panel (2.15.0) was updated in August 2008 !!!! That's 3 years behind!!

I have now installed the newest version manuallly, but of course the plesk panel doesn't consider it. It still shows me the old version installed.

Is there a way I could tell the panel to update to the new version or recognize it?

thanks. max

I have contacted them. Thanks.

But there isn't any way that the Plesk panel could "update" its information about the manually installed application?

Just to see what version I have installed when I go to Application Vault.

thanks, max

We can guarantee correct Plesk and apps operation only in case when apps was installed from Applications Catalog. If you upgrade application installed from Applications Catalog to latest version it can lead to unpredictable consequences and we can't guarantee correct operation of unsupported software.

Back