1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

manual iptables entries

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jag7720, Aug 12, 2009.

1. jag7720

jag7720 Guest

The company that I lease my server from has made changes on their network that does not allow a single NIC to have two or more MAC addresses.

I run a VM Host on my server. My guest OS can no longer reach the world. The Hosting company says I need to add rules to my iptables... problem is, the kind of rules i need to add are not available in the PLESK CP...

e.g.
    echo 1 /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
    sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d EXT-IP -i eth0 -j DNAT --to-destination PRIVATE-IP
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s PRIVATE-IP -o eth0 -j SNAT --to-source EXT-IP
    iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT

if I add the rules to the system, PLESK will overwrite them at will.

How can I add manual rules to the iptables when PLESK stores them in the database in a binary blob?