1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Manual upgrade to 7.5.4 failed because of missing file

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by bambam4479, Aug 28, 2005.

1. bambam4479

bambam4479 Guest

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. When upgrading Plesk from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 I get an error during the upgrade that a file is missing. The error is below.

"/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/packagemng: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++_plesk.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I'm running RHEL 3 as my OS. If you happen to know this error and have fixed it can you please help. I've tried contacting SWsoft and as usual get their "you have to purchase a support package" and my host doesn't seem to know what to do either, I was just told I need to upgrade again. The problem with upgrading again is I've tried 3 times, all getting the same error.

2. Griffith

Griffith Guest

have you installed the plesk rpms in Third_Party.SOMETHING ? There you will find some rpms that you need!

3. bambam4479

bambam4479 Guest

Thanks Griffith that did it. I didn't even think to check there as the upgrade guide didn't even mention to install those first. Lifesaver, thanks mucho!