• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Manually enabling dot net 4.0 in your server with plesk 9.5.2

A

AminV

I need to enable manually .net 4.0 in my server by IIS. Is plesk will normally works with it? How can I switch manually to .net 4.0.

Any solutions?

Ok, I think I should answer to myself here! Or learn you how you could handle dot net 4.0 here but I'm looking for better idea.

1. Open your IIS Manager -> Handle Mappings -> Add script Map

2. in "Edit Script Map" dialog fileds :

Request Path : *.aspx

Executable : %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll

Name : PageHandlerFactory-ISAPI-4.0

3. IIS Manager -> Applications Pool -> (yoursite pool) and select .net 4.0 (Select Classic Mode)

Test it now.

It's only work manually and for IIS7 in classic mode.

I'm waiting for any better idea.

I find some other trick and I would like to share it with you. hope for your contributions.

In classic mode you will have a problem with running MVC 2.0 and you should enabled wildcard script map as following:

Here's how you enable a wildcard script map for IIS 7.0:

1. Select your application in the Connections window
2. Make sure that the Features view is selected
3. Double-click the Handler Mappings button
4. Click the Add Wildcard Script Map link
5. Enter the path to the aspnet_isapi.dll file (You can copy this path from the PageHandlerFactory script map)
6. Enter the name MVC
7. Click the OK button

* Don't forget to put "System.Web.Mvc.dll" in bin directiory of your web site.

In this state (Classic mode) your web server preformance will be impact, So I'm looking for integerated mode. Any Idea?

Manually enable dot net 4.0

The is a way to enable .NET 4.0 manuelly by your ISP or by self if you have RDP access. It is posible to change it in the IIS Manager.

But Notice this want break your ASP.NET settings in your Paralles Management for this domain!

Back