• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Many Internal Server Errors

maxwerbe

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am running plesk 12.5.30 on a 1and1 cloud server. I have a lot of Internal Server Errors and already investigated and changed things. I have several wordpress installations running on the server and the 500-error is in the backend and frontend. Most frequent in the backend (wp admin). I have set the php limit to 512 already and put the ini.php in the root folder of the domain. I have this problem not with only 1 domain, but with many of them, so I think it's a server issue and not a wp/plugin issue. Anyone here who could help me??
thanks, max

Very likely a Wordpress issue with scripts, plugins or .htaccess rewrite rules. I suggest to post this question to forum.wpde.org instead.

Hi, my tech guy changed the FcgidIOTimeout 45 to 200 and this solved the problem. Infact, I have read a post in the plesk forum that your staff advises even to put this to 3600. Is this correct? Or isn't it a security threat? At least I don't have any 500-errors anymore with this change. At least not with normal procedures. Only when I execute larger procedures I still get the 500 error. But I really think it's more a php/server setting than a wordpress issue.
Thanks.

This solution does not really make sense to me, because FcgidIOTimeout defines the maximum number of seconds that FastCGI will wait with writing to or reading from a FastCGI module.

If the value used to be 45, a 500 error could only have been caused if the timeout expired. What you are saying with your solution is that you previously had to wait more than 45 seconds on a Wordpress backend page to be rendered? But, o.k., you'll know what you're doing.

Peter, actually I don't know what I am doing, I just reported the words of my tech guy. I have no idea about this, I only make the wordpress shop and asked the tech guy to resolve the error. I just know that now I do NOT have this 500 error anymore...

Not a problem. Restarting the web server after changing the configuration value might have solved another issue with it.

I don't think so, because we restarted the webserver several times before, without success. And I have added a second core. All without success. It is definitely not wordpress or a plugin, because I had deactivated all, tested all, also the .htaccess file etc. I could think it's rather a mysql problem...

My tech guys said that the server logs clearly defined that the issue was with FcgidIOTimeout. Anyway.. it works now and that's important for me. ;-)
Thanks for your help!

AND.. plesk couldn't update before, I had a timeout problem. NOW it updated to the latest version without problems!!

Back