• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

map mail from one domain to another hosted on the same *server*

shall

Regular Pleskian
(I meant server)

I have been using a similar setup on plesk 10 for quite a while. I don't know why, but it's not allowing me to set it up the same way under 11.5. Here's what I need.

I have two sites hosted on the same server:
example.A
example.B
However, I need mail sent to either domain to go exclusively to example.A

There are several hundred email addresses and they change frequently, so doing a 1-to-1 mapping for each address is not the solution. On the last server I was able to disable Mail on example.B then map an alias for example.B to example.A with only Mail enabled, but that's not working here.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
it's actually worse than that, even. I've been trying to find alternatives, and apparently I can't even setup example.com and www.example.com as separate sites, even if I disable (and "update") the 'www' DNS value from the example.com subscription. Going to try it via the CLI.

I was finally able to get this to work again by resetting all the DNS mappings to their defaults, creating the email host (without www), removing the www mapping in DNS properties, save, then setting the 'preferred domain' option to 'none' (I think this was key). Finally, create the second subscription (with www) and it all maps out correctly. In the .htaccess of example.A it's important to check for the hostname for example.B and perform a redirect to add www to it.

Back