• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Maps Not Working At All!

T

Traged1

Ok after the upgrade to PLESK7.51 MAPS has stopped working completely.

# rpm -q psa-qmail-rblsmtpd
psa-qmail-rblsmtpd-0.70-rhel3.build75041216.14

I have set in my MAPS field on the CP the following:
zombie.dnsbl.sorbs.net;spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net;misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net;socks.dnsbl.sorbs.net;http.dnsbl.sorbs.net;rhsbl.sorbs.net;cbl.abuseat.org;sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org;bl.spamcop.net

I have my own dnsbl which returns answers when queried from the command line through DSN but it does not work in PLESK 7.5.1 MAPS.

Following the instructions on http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/howtouse.html

I sent an email from my server and this is what I got:

Testing your SBL block. See http://www.crynwr.com/spam/ for more info.
Please note that this test will not tell you if your server is open for
relaying. Instead, it tests to see if your server blocks email from IP
addresses listed in various blocking lists; in this case, the SBL list.

Here's how the conversation looked from sbl.crynwr.com.
Note that some sites don't apply the SBL block to postmaster, so
I use your envelope sender as the To: address.

I connected to 216.xxx.xxx.xxx and here's the conversation I had:

220 mydomain.com ESMTP
helo sbl.crynwr.com
250 mydomain.com
mail from:<>
250 ok
rcpt to:<[email protected]>
250 ok
data
354 go ahead
To: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 7:30:40 -0000
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Precedence: junk

Test message
250 ok 1104133014 qp 15951
quit
Successful termination. As far as I can tell, the email was delivered.
That might not be what you want.

And also another email from them simply saying
Uh-oh, your SBL block is not working!

Anyone got any idea's???

I was working around with it to see if I could do something and I have been adding each maps zone to the server one by one, and it appears to be working again, but when I put them all in it fails to work at all.

At this point I am assuming that one of the rbl's in my list may not work with the new PLESK 7.5.1 interface. Very strange, but I will try to pinpoint it and I will let you know.

Ok I think I have found out what is going on.

It does not really matter which maps zones you use, however there appears to be a limitation on HOW MANY maps zones you can add in the PLESK interface.

vrbl.xtreme-host.com;http.dnsbl.sorbs.net;misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net;spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net;zombie.dnsbl.sorbs.net;rhsbl.sorbs.net;bl.spamcop.net;cbl.abuseat.org;sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Does not work! But if I remove any one of the zones from this list it will start working again. So it appears that there is a limit of 8 zones you can use.

Very strange, this server is running RHEL ES 3 update 4 with PLESK 7.5.1

I will also be trying to add all the zone to the /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa file manually to see if this will work or not.

Anyone else have this type of problem?

OK, I have pinpointed it exactly now.

PLESK interface is adding some strange characters in the /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa file from the maps zone field when to many zones are added at once.

I added manually via console, the following to /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa file
----------------------------------------------
server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r http.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r socks.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r smtp.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r block.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r zombie.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r rhsbl.sorbs.net -r bl.spamcop.net -r cbl.abuseat.org -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org -r vrbl.xtreme-host.com /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
}

I tested it and it worked fine. Then,

I added the same values via the PLESK interface for the maps zones field.
socks.dnsbl.sorbs.net;vrbl.xtreme-host.com;http.dnsbl.sorbs.net;misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net;spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net;zombie.dnsbl.sorbs.net;rhsbl.sorbs.net;bl.spamcop.net;cbl.abuseat.org;sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Tested it, and it did NOT work!

On inspection of the /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa file I found this:
server_args = /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r socks.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r vrbl.xtreme-host.com -r http.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r zombie.dnsbl.sorbs.net -r rhsbl.sorbs.net -r bl.spamcop.net -r on0 -r on1 /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
}

Notice the "-r on0 -r on1" that was inserted by PLESK ?? Looks like some kind of bug to me?

I can only confirm same thing. Plesk is inserting those without any logic.

Latest and greatest 7.5.2 here...

has this problem been fixed now, and yeah do i need SpamAssassin in my license to have maps zones working or not? does those maps zones requiere SpamAssassin

and whats up with teh smtps_psa file, it shows the same content do i need that file on my own like smtp_psa ?

hello how do i check whether my maps are working, do i need spamassassin in order to have it working or not?

You do not need spam assassin to run the maps service, just enable it from your server's mail section in PLESK.

but in teh post above yu said it does not work from teh plesk's panel...

No you have to enable it from the plesk control panel, what I said is that if you enter multiple maps services then it will break. If you use just one your ok.

If you want to use more then one then you must manually edit the /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa file and then do not change any settings on the plesk side after that.

ok but theres another smtps_psa file, btw im using imap for my accounts, is there any difference?

ok so i need to edit taht too if i send via ssl? but it should work with imap? and the way i edited my file is the same as yours...

Zone Maps still don't work!!!

Hi there,

i almost tried all you said,

- restart qmail
- restart spamassassin
- writnig only one zone

but norhing seems to work

then i tried to configure the smtps_psa file,
but seems that i don't have it.

On my old plesk server it's under /etc/xinet.d/ but it's running with refhat es 3.
My new server is running with debian, and i cannot find this file, there's also no xinet,d

But i can certifiy that the mail services a working good....

i'm getting mad, and specially my customers with those spams...

can you help me?

Debian and Maps

Debian does not by default use xinetd its using inetd.conf instead and modifying that has not gotten rbl's working again.

Im currently looking for a copy of someones xined.d/qmail file. anyone?

Also just installing xinetd and not setting up the correct qmail file for the service will kill your mailserver, i know i did it by accident as i didnt know debian wasn't using xinetd so i THOUGHT i was upgradeing with apt-get install xinetd but in fact i was deactivating inetd and without the needed xinetd.d/qmail file in place no mail comes through and better yet, nothing appears in the logs.

Personally i think qmail sucks, i have used it in the past and dumped it when i was forced to use postfix, after a while on postfix i abandoned qmail. to many different files with different implimentations. postfix is much simpler.
plesk has forced me back on qmail and it keeps breaking, it stops processing mail, the queue stops ever few days and no RBL support with debian.

Thanks Plesk.:mad:

Hi there,

as written i did an

#apt-get install xinetd

and in xinetd.d

i created a script the script smtp

service smtp
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
disable = no
user = root
instances = UNLIMITED
server = /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env
server_args = /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org -r bl.spamcop.net /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail
/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
}

and the mails are working fine.

I test the spam with the

[email protected]

test adress...
i 've got no more messages telling me that my server is not protected, but i still have a huge quantity of spams...

but for the mail works that way, if you have problems after installing xinetd on debian...

if anyone has a miracle solution for spams ( i used to delete a lot of **** with procmail when i used sendmail, but now it ain't possible no more...)

Thanks...

Sly

but i still have a huge quantity of spams...
RBL's are not a 'miracle' worker, in some cases they can be more trouble than they are worth (like clients who's office ISP is listed in the RBL and so then cannot send)

I would recommend dumping Plesk's version of spamassassin (older version) and their control module 'psa-spamassassin' and update using ART's yum repository (SA 3.x) and install his qmail-scanner package. Also dump DrWeb and use ART's clamav.

Or setup a separate mail gateway for doing all the scanning (ART's Gamera Project)

are there any ART-like packages for Debian?
i would love to have the qmail-spp-greylisting plugin...
i hate qmail so much, i liked postfix on confixx much better, but as i moved to plesk i had no other choice :(
hal

Back