• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MAPS rejections in log file?

R

RurouniJones

Hello all.

I have recently enabled MAPS on my plesk server using zen.spamhaus.org

Is there a log file that shows all the email rejections based on MAPS? I have looked around the qmail logfiles but can't see anything obvious.

It would be good to see how effective the MAPS is and also see if any false positives are coming through.

RJ

rblsmtpd does not log what it rejects so you won't see anything in any log file.

A LONG time ago, there was source code posted on these forums which modified the rblsmtpd source code so that it actually DOES log to the maillog - this was a great mod though it does require recompiling rblsmtpd. If you look you should still be able to find that source code.

Many thanks for the reply:

The thread is: http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?threadid=21179&highlight=rblsmtpd+source

One note that isn't 100% clear is that when you are copying the rblsmtpd from one "build" directory to the other you should copy fro the rblsmtpd directorey to the ucspi directory.

I followed the instructions and they appear to have worked (i.e. rblsmtpd is accepting the -v option).

This is on FC4, Plesk 8.1 for anyone else interested in trying it out.

I haven't seen anything in the log files yet but we will see.

(Have started seeing the first rblsmtpd rejections so it is working nicely)

Back