• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MAPS spam protection monitoring?

R

rossgile

Currently, I have my MAPS configured to use "sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org". How do I know it's working and if so, how can see how many e-mails it's blocking?

Is this the best one? If not, is there a better one?

Where do the e-mail go to once they get filtered out?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

- rg

How do I know it's working
Testing your SBL Setup

Once you have set up your mail server to use sbl.spamhaus.org, you can test to see if the SBL blocking is working by sending an email (any email) to: [email protected] (you must send the email from the mail server which you wish to test). The Crynwr system robot will answer you to tell you if your server is correctly blocking SBL-listed IPs or not.
This is from their website.
Is this the best one? If not, is there a better one?
Who is to say which is 'best'? Each has their own preferences... What you need to worry about is if a given RBL is prone to blocking good senders (such as dialup users or whole blocks of ISP dynamic IPs)
Where do the e-mail go to once they get filtered out?
This blocks the email from ever entering the system, so it will never be processed by Qmail or Spamassassin. It is blocked at the SMTP connection level.

maps blocking sending

I have the rbl-xbl.spamhaus.com as a maps filter, and it appears to be blocking my outgoing mail that my users are authenticating with and through.

How do I get this to stop checking outgoing mail?

Back