• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved MariaDB Upgrade via Plesk

JohanV

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.61 #5
Hi,

I did an update via Plesk to MariaDB 10.11.8
Everything went smooth but than it started with Upgrading the structure of all tables. Step 1 of 8
For more than an hour, the upgrade now pauses at wp_jphpb.i9dW2P_actionscheduler_logs
Should I just keep waiting now or is there a way to fix this? Those logs are not exceptionally large.

Syncing system components is the next step which is a must?

Hi there, you can try to run the command MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql_upgrade -uadmin to manually upgrade the table structures.

Yes. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions how to do those manually. Has upgrade finished in Plesk? Or is it still stuck?

Hi Kaspar,

I don't see any updates in Plesk. It works for a while now. I don't know if Syncing System has need to be done too.
I simply will try to reboot the system.

Good to read that at least your server is working fine.

Does the MariaDB version shown in Plesk (Tools & Settings > Database Servers) match the version shown in phpMyAdmin for example (or if you run the command mariadb -V)?

Hi there, you can try to run the command MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql_upgrade -uadmin to manually upgrade the table structures.
Having same issue where 'Upgrading the structure of all tables' is stuck on a small table.
Do I just exit out of the upgrade and then run this via SSH?
"MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql_upgrade -uadmin"

MariaDB version shown in Plesk (Tools & Settings > Database Servers) does match the version shown in phpMyAdmin

Back