• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved MariaDB username length

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
There seems to a limit of 16 characters for the name of a MariaDB database user on my Obsidian 18.0.31 (Maria DB 10.2.36) installation. Which seems rather short. Because MariaDB supports up to 80 characters for a user name.

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-19 om 16.09.51.png

I found this Plesk uservoice request for longer user names from a few year back marked a finished. Which makes me wonder. Is the user name limit for MariaDB reverted back to 16? Or do I have to manually change some settings to take advantage of longer user names?

MariaDB 10.x and newer support 80 characters as a user name. Please verify that you really have MariaDB 10.2 by running:
# plesk db
Then check the welcome message of the engine.

If you have verified that this is really version 10.2, please refer to the comments underneath this article for further information:

Thank you Peter. Running MYSQL_PWD=$(cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow) mysql_upgrade -uadmin as suggested in the comments from the article you've linked to solved my issue. Now I can enjoy longer user names :)

Back