• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Mass auto-reply

Djabber

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,

I'm using POSTFIX & Dovecot for as mailserver software.
I was wondering if there's a way to send auto-responders / auto-replies for multiple email accounts rather than per individual account.
I think there used to be an extension called 'Mass email manager' but that no longer exists.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Djabber

Could you please share more details?
In general, auto-responders send replies to every email address that reaches the mailbox with the enabled feature.

If the questions is about managing multiple mailboxes at once (enable/disable the feature), it can be done by using the CLI utility. The details are described in this article:
How to enable/disable autoresponder in Plesk
Note: Under the spoiler "Enabling/disabling autoresponder", the part with "To disable autoresponder for multiple mailboxes".

Thanks! I was kinda hoping there was an alternative with a GUI that allows you to make groups and enable an auto-reply for said groups.
But i'll try to figure it out using ssh.

Thanks again.

As far as I am aware no email services has support for enabling auto reply in mass unless you use the CLI, not even with Microsoft Exchange where you need to use PowerShell to do a loop like what was suggested by mikhail and this mainly because it's under the assumption that the users themselves enabling it and adding a custom auto reply message or an IT admin is doing it on a single mailbox with more advanced (like what you're doing to do) would need to be done through the CLI. (Hopefully I'm making sense).

Back