• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Master SFTP

D

David3

Hey Guys,
I want to create a Master FTP/SFTP account. I'm thinking I can create an SSH account and limit its access to /home/httpd/vhosts...
Basically, I want to be able to SFTP to all of my vhosts through one main account.

Any suggestions how to do this?

Hello,

You could create some user with root uid. But I really do not see why this is important and practical. It will have unwanted complications on the ownership level.
The beauty of plesk is that with root ssh access you always have access to any password of the client.
You could create a script that gives you their passwords and the whole procedure will be much cleaner.
My opinion.

Well my idea is to have a Master SFTP. I run the server, and manage all of the websites, so it is pointless for each site to have its own FTP users. Instead, I could just have one master SFTP (ssh) account locked into the vhosts dir and control all of these sites...
Do you follow?

Back