• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Mastodon with PLESK & Ubuntu 18.04/20.04

Kit

New Pleskian
Hi.
I plan to install Mastodon with one of my domains on an Ubuntu 20.04 (downgrading to 18.04 is possible if necessary) VPS with PLESK 18.x. But can't find any useful or/and complete installation guide. There is a Mastodon docker image in the repository but i can't even start it as there is also no explanation available how to use. Is there anyone who can lead me thru the whole process including connecting with the chosen domain a.s.o. !??

I know this "instruction" but first of all it's not complete to me and second it seems it is for servers running mastodon exclusively as a "one and only domain" on the server. I am in discussion with this guy but get no really helpful answers there. I also wonder that there is a mastodon docker image in the plesk rep. but not even a short helpfile how to make it work. And the mentioned instructions says it will not work without "docker-composer"... Very confusing...

Back