• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Max domains per server

stas styler

Basic Pleskian
Hey guys,

Quick question, is there any max domains that I can host over a single server running plesk onyx 17.8?
I've read an article that says that with piped logs I can host 900 domains with no problem but is seems outdated and talking about plesk 8-9.

There is no hardware limit for us, as we sit on google cloud.
Does recompiling is necessary if we run on Centos7.5 + Plesk onyx + Apache + nginx reversed proxy + mariadb 10 on same server?

Thanks for your reply, as it does give me the hardware requirements - but I said that lets assume it is unlimited for us.
I'm talking about this article: Increasing the Number of Domains that Plesk Can Serve

Is this limitation still valid for Centos7.5 + onyx 17.8?

The reasonable number of website of an server is not an fix number... it can vary of hardware of our server (type and number of cpu, type and configuration of disk, RAM etc etc), type and requirement of each website (it's not the same an html website tan an magento website) and the configuration of your system, if you were able to limit each website cpu/ram/disk.

I have seen plesk server with more than 1500 webs that works perfectly and server with less than 100 that are absolutely unstable. Definively, the limitation is not from panel control that you are using. One thing you had to review, it the fiability and reliablitiy of your hardware, is not the same having 500 webs/clients offline in case of server problem, than 1500...

Back