• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue max_execution_time does not change in one domain

Anders Yuran

New Pleskian
Hi! I have a VPS running CentOs 7 and Plesk 12.5

It has 5 different domains on it.

I want to change the max_execution_time. It change OK on 4 domains but not on the 5, the one that mostly need it. I have changed php.ini to 300 sec and I have added max_execution_time = 300 to the domain php settings. But the script still breaks off after the 120 sec that seems to be the max if I want to chnge on domain level.

The four other domains has got the 300 sec as a default value but the 5th has 120 as max and 30 as default.

What can cause this?

Regards

Anders

Hi Anders Yuran,

First, you should consider to modify/change the subscription/hosting plans, where you are able to setup the desired values as "global" definition. Afterwards, pls. sync the subscription/hosting plan with the domains.

Your domain might be "locked" to sync. Pls. try ( as command over ssh, logged in as user "root" ):
Code:
plesk bin subscription --unlock-subscription YOUR-DOMAIN.COM
plesk bin subscription --sync-subscription YOUR-DOMAIN.COM

Pls. be informed about the following hirarchy in Plesk:

75148.png

Each following overwrites the previous configuration and when the latest, existent configuration has no specific setting for a existent value, the parent configuration will be used. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume that the fifth domain has a different php handler? You can try to change max_execution_time for this php handler in global php.ini:
  1. Go to Plesk > Tools & Settings > PHP Settings > choose custom PHP handler > php.ini.
  2. Change max_execution_time value.
  3. Save changes.
  4. Update service node using the following command:

# plesk bin service_node --update 'local'

Hi!
All 5 domains use the same php handler.
I have a hosting plan so I can change the php.ini globally and have done so
I have now unlocked and re-synced the domain but it still refuse to change the max_execution time from the max 120 to the desired 300.

the 4 other domains react instantly on a global change in php.ini

I created all 5 domains at about the same time without any different settings more than the domain name

This is veru strange

Anders

Maybe it is not the max_execution_time setting that limits the script runtime? Have you considered max_input_time? Could there be any other factors in the script that limit the runtime, e.g. a built-in limit? What exactly does your script do (and why does it runs o extremely long anyway)?

Back