• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue mchk failed: ==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... fail

GMBrian

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm running into an issue that started with someone not being able to send and receive emails after updating Plesk.

I've tried tried the repair utility and this resulted in the following error:
Code:
[root@vps2 ~]# plesk repair mail

Repairing the mail server configuration

Reconfigure all domains and mailboxes? [Y/n] Y
    Reconfiguring all domains and mailboxes ......................... [2018-04-23 17:02:09.806] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mchk'] with exit code [1]
[FAILED]
    - mchk failed: ==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... fail

Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

Running mailsrv_conf_init alone results in this error:
Code:
[root@vps2 ~]# mailsrv_conf_init
Fatal error: plesk::mail:: postfix:: PostfixConfigurationError(/usr/sbin/postconf: fatal: close /etc/postfix/main.cf.tmp: Operation not permitted
)
Fatal error: plesk::mail:: postfix:: PostfixConfigurationError(/usr/sbin/postconf: fatal: close /etc/postfix/main.cf.tmp: Operation not permitted
)

Last edited:
The latest psa-mail-driver-common-17.5.3-cos7.build1705180418.14.x86_64 and plesk-mail-pc-driver-17.5.3-cos7.build1705180418.16.x86_64 completely broke postfix and plesk repair mail gives the same error. I'm also seeing this:

Code:
Apr 23 10:07:57 web4 postfix/smtpd[11762]: warning: connect to TCP map 127.0.0.1:12346: Connection refused
Apr 23 10:07:57 web4 postfix/smtpd[20808]: warning: connect to TCP map 127.0.0.1:12346: Connection refused

I've just ran another plesk update through the web interface. There was another update available and installing it seems to have fixed my issues. I think the previous update I ran was saturday (or close to it), which must have contained the error.

Back