• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue CreateTask failed: attempt to write a readonly database (sqlite3.Error)

WeeJay

New Pleskian
Good morning everyone!
Following a very bad (accidental) command regarding the chown root on the entire VPS (almost all permissions were corrected).

Unfortunately, the Plesk Repair Kit, despite "plesk repair fs -y" or "plesk repair all -y", was unable to fix some problems (but the script result is: no error).

In my case, when the "task-manager" component is used from Plesk sources, via the admin options from UI/panel, "CreateTask failed: attempt to write a readonly database (sqlite3.Error)" is returned in many occasions, for example from the execution of manual processes (Tasks), removal of domains or addition of domains (Web), updating extensions etc..

It all seems to be linked to a lack of permissions for some source file of the "task-manager" component/script, which the Plesk Repair Kit is unable to restore.

An example of an error could be:

ERR [panel] Task failed: id=3127, pid=0, type=service-node-environment-synchronization, error=Communication with task manager has failed: Bad Request: '{"code":null,"description":null,"message":"CreateTask failed: attempt to write a readonly database (sqlite3.Error)"}

..but it's not the fault of the "service-node-environment-synchronization" typology, because the same error can occur for another service and always when the "task-manager" script is used..

The situation is related only to the UI, if I used the "task-manager" script from SSH, using the php command and the "-i 3127" id (previously generated by the UI showing me the error), it works as if I had bypassed something (i.e. the unknown problem)!

Could anyone help give me some suggestions?

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.
Marco M.

Back