• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Memory leak issue

jojo

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm running a single woocommerce on a 4GB memory VPS, and I run out of memory with relatively no load on the server at all. Swap was used which is really not good, especially since I migrated to a new VPS just to get my performance UP. Nginx + php7.3 fpm + Redis (limited memory to 200mb)

40LgQ2w.png

Wzo9YIn.png

bksfBZe.png

06M9jCP.png

It turns out this how the OS manages memory, it caches everything in memory first, and moves the less frequently used resources to swap.

Just to put things into perspective, how many concurrent visitors and how many daily visitors does your site have?

How are your PHP FPM limits set? Nginx? MySQL?

Just to put things into perspective, how many concurrent visitors and how many daily visitors does your site have?

How are your PHP FPM limits set? Nginx? MySQL?

Single woocommerce website, hardly any traffic yet, around 30 daily visitors, 0 to 1 concurrent users.
PHP FPM with 20 static children.
Memory limit: 128M
max ex time 1000
max input time 120
post max size 16m
opcache enable on
No nginx caching yet.

nginx set to two workers.

Mysql default setting by Plesk.

Edit: Turned out php FPM was using much of the memory, reduced it from 20 to 10, and it seems stable now.

Last edited:
Hi again,

I once thought everything was normal, but I'm not sure anymore after I watched the memory statistics yesterday. I reduced the max ex time to 60, and this was the result:

vwSJCX0.png
triQuwC.png

Back