• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

memory leak / mySQL problems

K

kaizer

Plesk: 10.0.1

I am having some serious problems with my server which hosts about 100 websites for clients.

I first noticed my sites had long responsetime, it could take about 20 seconds the sites to load. Sometimes I error messages like connection problems with mySQL, Too many connections and so on. Started to noticed that server almost used all memory available, and started swapping to disks.

This caused that the Plesk admin was not available, and the only thing I can to is to try to restart PSA and MYSQL, or restart the server. It seems that I have to restart the server each 24 hour to make the site working. This is very serious for our business, and our clients starts to complain about this.

So what to do? The support team isn't helping very much, even I have paid for support. I reported this issue 4 days ago, and still no results from Parallels support team.

I am very attempting to re-install the server with Plesk 9.5.

Anyone else who have this problem?

The ticket has been escalated, but with no response yet for the issue.

We are thinking about downgrading our server due to this.
After viewing SYSLOG, I noticed some kernel and mysql errors. I googled it, and I found something interesting.

The issue could be related to bugs in Debian and/or mySQL

mySQL bug: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=36525
Debian kernel bug: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=516374

Anyway, the ticket is 5 days old, no solution yet ..... impressed? Well....

This issue has now been resolved.
It appears that Greyfiltering was the problem on the server. 2nd line supportteam at Parallels disabled the Greylisting feature, and the server is now ok. The problem was due to high serverload because of this issue, I haven't got any details from supportteam.

Due to the high serverload, the mySQL services timed out and cause problems with sending and recieving e-mails.

Back