• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Memory Usage - Desktop

K

KeithD

Our Plesk 8.1 Linux is showing high memory usage on the Desktop stats and Server>Statistics. We do not have a lot of usage on the server yet so it takes a few days for the memory usage to slowly climb, but climb it does, to over 90% of usage.

I read somewhere that that is an indication that Linux/Apache memory is working correctly, that it is caching pages etc and will swap out memory blocks as needed for new processes.

Is that correct?? Or do I have a memory usage problem - and if so, what shell commands would I use to track it down?

Your research was correct, the memory is being used for cache and will be freed up when the server actually needs it. You'll be hard pressed to find a server that isn't using all of its RAM.

Ours is... and we have 8GB!

Thanks smkied!

When it comes to trouble shooting problems it's just as valuable to know what NOT to consider as what to consider. This one I can take off the list.

Thanks again!

Back