• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Memory usage of SQLSERVR.EXE increases

T

Toepes

I noticed that the proces sqlservr.exe is increasing it's memory usage every day. After a reboot it is approb 67MB after 2 - 3 days it is between 600 and 800MB of Mem Usage in WIndows Task Manager.

On the server, with SP2 w2K3 and Plesk 8.1, i have just 4 small websites using ASP. Plesk uses the MSSQL database. Does anyone noticed the same or solved this, as the server slows down when the use of memory increases.

I have same problem, have 4gb of ram and server is slow, because 20 minutes after reboot server sqlserv.exe use 800MB of memory

I was having the same problem until last week. Apparently SQL Server will use whatever memory is available, but will release it if it has to.

You can set SQL Server to use only a maximum amount of memory that you specify.

Right click on the server in Management Studio and choose properties. On the left click on "Memory" then enter a maximum value that you want SQL to use in "Maximum Server Memory".

It's worked great for me. I set it to 100MB and it always just hovers around this mark.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Back