• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Microsoft's SQL Hello Overflow

R

romymichael

Hai all,

As per my monthly server report there is an "Microsoft's SQL Hello Overflow" issue on my server am using plesk on this server . Could you please update me is there any problem if i stop mssql server ??

it depends on which sql server you use for Plesk.
to check run regedit command, open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config key and check the PLESK_DATABASE_PROVIDER_NAME. If it is 'Jet' or MySQL, then you should not worry. If it is MS SQL, then you can change database engine for Plesk using the following:

To switch between database servers via GUI:

Run Plesk Reconfigurator.

Select the Switch DB provider option.

Select the required database from the Server type list.

Enter the server address and port in the appropriate fields if required.

Enter the administrator's login and password.

Create a new database:

Enter the new database name in the Database field.

Enter the database user name in the Database user name field.

Specify the password and confirm it in the appropriate fields.Warning! By changing the password here, you change Plesk Administrator's password used for accessing Plesk Control Panel.

To switch between database servers via command line:

Run the following command in the %plesk_dir%\admin\bin\ folder (where %plesk_dir% is the system variable defining the folder where Plesk is installed):

reconfigurator --switch-plesk-database --new-provider=<provider name> --host=<host name> --db=<database name> --login=<database login> --password=<database password> [--port=<port>] –admin-login=<administrator login> --admin-password=<administrator password>

For example, the following command switches database server engine to Jet with database located in c:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\db\psa3.mdb, database login dbadmin and database password 1q2w3e:

reconfigurator --switch-plesk-database --new-provider=Jet --host=localhost "--db=c:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\db\psa3.mdb" --login=dbadmin --password=1q2w3e

Back