• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migation Manager error Suse 11.2 with Plesk 9.54 to Ubuntu 12.04 with Plesk 11.09

GerdSchrewe

Basic Pleskian
When i try to migrate from VServer Suse 11.2 with Plesk 9.54 to VServer Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with Plesk 11.09 i get an error message in Migration Manager at the start of the migration.

Fehler: launchpad error (Error code = 2):
== STDERR ====================
Failed to execute scout.
The return code is 9
The output on STDERR is
which: no w3m in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib/mit/bin:/usr/lib/mit/sbin)
Unable to determine block size in df output. First line looks like 'Dateisystem 512‐Blöcke Benutzt Verfügbar Kapazit. Eingehängt auf
' at - line 560.

Any ideas? Searched Parallels Forum and the web but no solutions.
Thanx a lot!

I switched both systems to english, i switched both systems to german.
No Success.
Still get the same error message from Migration Manager.
What about "no w3m"

I switched both systems to english, i switched both systems to german.
No Success.
Still get the same error message from Migration Manager.
What about "no w3m"

Just try to install w3m with your OS package manager

I tried every of the possibilties (there are different solutions also in the comments) given in Andrew Beacocks webpage to change the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to English.
When i type locales it looks like success and it shows "english", when in type df -h its still german utf8.

Before i install w3m, i want to try migration with Ubuntu's default British locale: en_GB.UTF-8 on both servers.
Cant find a description how to change languages in german Ubuntu 12.04LTS that works for me.

Now i installed w3m on the source server.
(df -h both servers english)
Migration Manager error message is now reduced to:

Fehler: launchpad error (Error code = 2):
== STDERR ====================
Failed to execute scout.
The return code is 9
The output on STDERR is
Unable to determine block size in df output. First line looks like ‘Dateisystem 512?Blöcke Benutzt Verfügbar Kapazit. Eingehängt auf
‘ at – line 560.

I fixed it!
As a "newby" i didnt understand that "putty" changes the language settiings only temporally for one session.
I installed w3m and changed language permant by copying code to etc.local ... and migration now works fine.
All user,domain,mail and database information war migrated correctly.

The only problem left ist that captchas in migrated websites are not displayed correct.
I checked the php settings in Plesk 11.09 (Ubuntu 12.04) and they are the same as in the Source Sytem Plesk 9.54 (Suse Linux 11.2).
"Cgi over Apache modul etc."
See attached file.

Thanx a lot for your help!!!

Fixed the captcha problem:

Had to include this line in the captcha.php:

putenv('GDFONTPATH=' . realpath('.'));

before:

$ttf = "XFILES.TTF";

and captcha works...

Must be a problem with libraries in combination with Plesk11 und Ubuntu 12.04.
Igor, maybe you can open a new thread and help others, who have the same problem after a migration from suse 11.2 and Plesk 9.54?

The path to the font you wish to use..

Depending on which version of the GD library PHP is using, when fontfile does not begin with a leading / then .ttf will be appended to the filename and the library will attempt to search for that filename along a library-defined font path.

When using versions of the GD library lower than 2.0.18, a space character, rather than a semicolon, was used as the 'path separator' for different font files. Unintentional use of this feature will result in the warning message: Warning: Could not find/open font. For these affected versions, the only solution is moving the font to a path which does not contain spaces.

In many cases where a font resides in the same directory as the script using it the following trick will alleviate any include problems.

<?php
// Set the enviroment variable for GD
putenv('GDFONTPATH=' . realpath('.'));
The y-ordinate. This sets the position of the fonts baseline, not
the very bottom of the character.
// Name the font to be used (note the lack of the .ttf extension)
$font = 'SomeFont';
?>

Back