• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrate from one Server to Another

S

Sid9678

Hello,

I have Plesk 8.4 for Windows installed on my Windows 2003 Standard Edition server and I want to move it to another server at a different location and get rid of my current server. How do I do this? Is there any articles on this?

Example: Server A (primary server) located in Arizona and Server B (new server) located in Dallas, Texas. I want to get rid of Server A but I need to move Plesk and everything on Server A to Server B and terminate Server A.

This seems kinda straight forward.

Install save version of windows 2003 and plesk 8.4 on the new server. Install PMM in target and PMM agent in source server.

From new server, run PMM and select to import the whole server. Choose this only if you do not have much domain hosted in there. If you have a lot of domains, I suggest you migrate domain by domain as there are reported problems of doing whole server for plesk with lots of domains.

Read the PMM administrative guide. This guide is somewhere in parallels' website....shouldn't be too hard for you to find it.

Back