• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Migrate mail from cpanel

Andreas79

New Pleskian
Hi there,
I am migrating from cpanel to plesk. I use tge plesk migration tool. All goes well and all mails are copied. However migrated mails are not readable. The show in webmail and imap but do not open.
Does anybody has any tips?

Thanks

Some more info. Repair mail did not help. New mails can be opened without issue. Just the migrated ones give problems.

I suggest inspecting the actual mail files, observing the file ownership and permissions, and also the contents.

Look under /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/mail.user/Maildir directory, substituting example.com and mail.user with actual values, naturally. It should quickly become apparent what to look for. Perhaps begin with comparing one of the migrated and one of the newly received mails.

Thank you for the feedback. I checked the files and they are their, however when I open them they do not make much sense. The files look encrypted or corrupt. I combined it with the files on the cpanel server and they are identical. I conclude that cpanel use some kind of compression or encryption.
I do realize this is out of the support of this forum, but maybe somebody has experience with this ?

The files on the cpanel server are compressed. This seems and setting in dovecoat. The fix is to use an imap sync script or the mail import extension in plesk.

Back