• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrated P12 to P12.. now Firewall Mgr won't start

MattCaz

Basic Pleskian
When I try and start the firewall manager, I get this error: Error: The firewall rules management has not been enabled.
I searched high and low for a solution and can't find one. On a possible related note: I did a migration from 12.0.8 to a new server with 12.0.8 and my DNS wouldn't resolve. As soon as I turned off the iptables, my dns propagated and started to work.

Any idea how I can get the firewall working as I don't want to leave it unprotected. I do have fail2ban running.
Thanks for your time and assistance,
Matthew Caswell
DryHeatEmbroidery.com

I just followed that Article and it still wouldn't start the manager. Would you recommend that I try using the the ipconfig file from the old plesk12 server on the new server?

thank you for your time and assistance,
matt caswell

Igor, I have some wierd issues: All I did was migrate from a fully working server with plesk 12 to this new one with plesk 12. I've run Bootstrap and I've removed an reinstalled the plesk firewall. Still nothing seems to fix it. can you please help?
Matt Caswell

Last edited:
Nobody else? I"m the only one thats had this issue?

I appreciate any and all help that might point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
matt

Back