• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating an from an 8.6 server to a 9.2 server (Windows)

M

MatthewC

I've been looking for resources on how to migrate all settings and sites [except IP addresses] from a Windows server running Plesk 8.6 to another Windows server running 9.2.1.

The documentation and forum posts I have read suggest that it is possible and not difficult, but I'm having trouble working out just what I need to download and install on each server, since there don't seem to be clear instructions anywhere for migrating between two physical servers with two different versions of Plesk

Is it possible that I could have a clear explanation of what needs to be done in this situation? Do I download the 9.2.1 Migration Manager to each server, or only to the new server and install 8.6's Migration Manager on the 8.6 server?

Many thanks.

Hi,

This is definitely helpful, but one of the more significant points remains - which version of the Migration Manager do I install on each machine? This help page simply instructs to 'download from the download page'.

There is a version for Plesk 8.6, and another for Plesk 9.2. Simply referring to "the migration manager" in the documents doesn't tell me whether the exact same version of Migration Manager should be installed on both servers (the 9.2 version should be installed on the 8.6 server), or whether I install the 8.6 version on the 8.6 source server, and the 9.2 version on the 9.2 destination server. What happens if the wrong version is installed on the source server, for example?

Migration Manager Agent version should correspond to version of Parallels Migration Manager installed on destination server (i.e. in your case with Plesk Control Panel 9.2 you have no problem - just use latest version of Migration Agent).
be sure to have Migration Agent running on the source server while you are performing migration.

Back