• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Migrating an old Plesk 7, Admin Can't Login Due To Session ID Out of Bounds

stephane

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

I have a Plesk 11 Windows that I'm migrating domains to from a Plesk 7 Windows.

The problem is that I need to login to the Plesk 7 web interface (not for migration) and it fails. I found that there is a session file created in the form of Session_{32-digit ID} but my suspicion is that it's gone out of range, because the last one was "Session_ffffe009717d15aabf58ccf2f5d960e1" and at the amount it increments, it would roll over.

Does anyone have any clue where I could manually reset this counter?

Other users can login, it's just the admin.

In Plesk Linux I have a "PSA" mySQL database that usually has everything I need to inspect, but I can't find what Plesk 7 Windows is using. I searched the registry for the current session number but found nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just in case anyone else ever comes across this, I figure I'll keep updating as I find stuff...

I have found the administrative mySQL database on the Windows server and it's accessible through port 8306 using the admin username and password.

It is in fact a table called psa.sessions and it has an auto incremented field sess_id.

Truncating the table did nothing as the sess_id appears to be incremented elsewhere, not by the database table itself.

I have yet to locate where. Very frustrating...

That table can be cleared by Plesk using the "Delete Sessions" in the Plesk Services Monitor software.

Last edited:
I've solved the problem, most likely nothing to do with the sess_id.

In examining the psa.key_history table I noticed that the last entry had a blank value for the filename field.

I copied the value from the previous entry and was able to login.

It should be noted however that the admin session id (sess_id) was successfully reset, not sure if that's also a factor.

Back