• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Migrating DNSSEC to the New Plesk Server

k.ali

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version: 18.0.60
Hello,

I am currently in the process of migrating domains from our old Plesk server to our new Plesk server.

Old Plesk Server:

Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04.6 LTS
Product: Plesk Onyx
Version: 17.8.11 Update #53, last updated: April 27, 2020, 15:12:45

New Plesk Server:

Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Product: Plesk Obsidian
Version: 18.0.60 Update #1, last updated: April 29, 2024, 09:21:54

I am migrating the domains using the migration and transfer tool provided by Plesk. Unfortunately, I noticed that DNSSEC for some domains was not transferred. According to the documentation, this is not possible with this tool.

Is there a guide on how to manually transfer and integrate the DNSSEC key, etc.?

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything on this. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

The Plesk migration tool doesn't transfer DNSSEC settings. But you can manually configure them on the new server. Look for guides on "Configuring DNSSEC for a Domain" for Plesk Onyx and "Using DNSSEC" for Plesk Obsidian. These guides should help you transfer and integrate the DNSSEC keys for your domains.
Unfortunately, manually transferring DNSSEC involves multiple steps and can be technical. Look this guide for more info: How DNSSEC Works.

Back