• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating from Virtualmin, need advice please

PapaRaboon

New Pleskian
Hi All,

I have decided to get rid of my Webmin/Virtualmin server and consolidate all of my users on my Plesk 11 server.

I am hoping to avoid a ton of hassle by not having to get my mail users to change their email settings however at the moment it is an issue as the usernames have different formats for Postfix on Virtualmin and Qmail on Plesk 11.

Based on say an email address of [email protected] a Virtualmin user uses the username format of thisuser.thisdomain. However Plesk users use the email address as the username.

Is there any way I can set up my Plesk 11 server to recognise both formats so I don't need to get them to change anything in their mail clients?

I'm trying to avoid a ton of support calls so that moving the email accounts and flipping the DNS will be all I need to do for each domain?

Cheers

Paul

Hi PapaRaboon, I know this thread is a little bit old, but I am curious as to if and how you managed to solve this problem, as I am facing the same situation right now...

Back