• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating the plesk stored data to a new drive IE: vhosts directory.

J

James McCarthy

Hello Plesk board members,

I have an issue where we are starting to grow in size and are starting to run out of space on the default drive where Plesk was installed. Here is the scenario:

Parallels Plesk 9.5 for Windows installed on a Windows Server 2003 machine.

C: has only a few gigs left and is where Plesk stores our vhosts file which contains all of our user website data.

G: has 100gb free and is empty.

My question is: How do I migrate that vhosts directory to the G drive so that there is no interruption to the users or at the very least, a 30 minute down time scheduled late at night? I'd like to have Plesk use the G drive for storing user website files and also be able to migrate what we have already.

I'd appreciate any information you guys can give me and hopefully we can get it fixed soon. We are running low on space!!

I think that you may just schedule some downtime for night hours and change vhosts location with Plesk reconfigurator.

Back