• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migration connection settings ubuntu 14.04 Plesk

alinea49

New Pleskian
Hello

Got this error on migration test
|E|MT|parallels|||Cause: Error while checking connection settings: 'Unable to login to the source server 'source' (xx.xx.xx.xx) SSH service due to incorrect login/password specified in config file.

configuration :
source :
Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS Plesk 12.0.18 # n° 77

target
‪Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS‬ Plesk 12.5.30 # n° 23

I log on my login "root" and psw "xxxx" but connection fail
(firewall configured for acception Target Ip)

Where I am Wrong ?

Thanks.Eric

@alinea49

The first error notification

|E|MT|parallels|||Cause: Error while checking connection settings: 'Unable to login to the source server 'source' (xx.xx.xx.xx) SSH service due to incorrect login/password specified in config file.

is probably due to an incorrect password, provided when migrating.

The second "problem"

I log on my login "root" and psw "xxxx" but connection fail

can be the result of two things, when assuming that you are logging in with SSH (if that assumption is not correct, let me know).

These two things (and resolution thereof) are

a) Fail2Ban blocks your personal IP and/or that of the target server

Solution: on the source server, go to "Tools & Settings > Fail2Ban > Trusted IP Addresses (Tab)" and add your personal IP (i.e. the IP of the Plesk admin) and the IP of the target server. On the target server, do the same (i.e. whitelist the IP of the source server and the Plesk admin).

In most cases, the above should be sufficient: SSH access should be granted and the Migrator should also work. However, any custom Firewall settings can interfere, see below.

b) Firewall rules block access by your personal IP and/or that of the target server

Solution: on the source server, go to "Tools & Settings > Firewall > Modify Plesk Firewall rules (click on it)" and

- add the IP of the target server and the Plesk admin to the SSH rule: select "allow, deny for all others"
- make sure that the IP of the target server and the Plesk admin are not blocked by the Plesk administrative interface rule

and do the same on the target server, in this case using the IP of the source server.

In the case that the solution of point a works, it is still strongly recommended to apply the above solution: this hardens security of the Plesk Panel, with the advantage that Fail2Ban can not really block the IP of the Plesk admin by accident.

Hope the above helps!

If you have any questions, just ask them.

Regards....

Back