• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration doesn't work anymore in 12.5

Frater

Regular Pleskian
Yesterday I migrated 1 server from 12.0.18 to 12.5.30

I just now logged into another server (still running 12.0.18) and started the migration manager.
I used the same procedure as 2 days ago for moving a specific domain from that 12.5.3 server and now it gives me an error message that it can't migrate from Plesk if it's lower than version 8.6

I'm running the Dutch version (not my preference and choice).
Sorry for that.

migration.GIF

It would be really much more helpful if you would provide details of this problem from migration logs.

Yes, I will.
On the other hand it would be helpful to me if you tested the feature in your environment and check if it's working at all.

Destination
root@ns6:~# cat /usr/local/psa/version
12.0.18 Ubuntu 12.04 1200150817.13
root@ns6:~#

Source
[root@ns3 ~]# cat /usr/local/psa/version
12.5.30 CentOS 5 1205150826.19
[root@ns3 ~]#

Last edited:
Suppose you mean 12.5.30 on the destination and 12.0.18 on the source. Seems all is OK. I can only suggest to contact support

Suppose you mean 12.5.30 on the destination and 12.0.18 on the source. Seems all is OK. I can only suggest to contact support
I don't know how you define source and destination...

I invoke the migration on the Plesk 12.0.18
The source of the domain I want to migrate is the Plesk 12.5.30 and the 12.0.18 is the destination.

You can't migrate to lower version, so transfer from 12.5.30 to 12.0.18 not supported
I never even considered this to be a problem.
Has it always been that way?
I never bumped into this in all these years.

So now I can't move away domains from that server because all my other servers are 12.0.18??

Edit: and I'm not going to migrate these to 12.5.x yet. The upgrade process turned sour on the other one and I don't want to risk yet more downtime.

Last edited:
Downgrade has never been supported. The only way is to do it manually.
The legal way to move domains is to transfer or backup/restore to the same or higher version

Back