• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Migration error .-Command execution failed on the local server

Cordal

Basic Pleskian
I am doing migrations between a server with debian 8 and another with debian 10, I have already migrated several subscriptions without problems, but when I go to do another it throws me the following error.

Failed to fetch configuration data from Plesk servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -r --chmod=Fu=r,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210810175723/ssh-keys/id_rsa.XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/legacy/extras/plesk_17_0_pmm_shared/ [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-qt639epjj0yz62lb7fxd3a4num98ax3d/pmm_agent
exit code: 255
stdout:
stderr: ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(235) [sender=3.1.3]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

Any ideas?

I followed the instructions of the article that comments to me, and uncomment the PasswordAuthentication yes that was commented, then restart the service, I started the migration again, at first everything worked correctly, but after a while the migration failed, I started it again and went back to error appear:

Failed to fetch configuration data from Plesk servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210811112001/ssh-keys/id_rsa.XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20210811112001/agent-config.source.json [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-rhd39ti0g14atzl17jmh6cky0xzn2rva/pmm_agent/config.json
exit code: 255
stdout:
stderr: ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(235) [sender=3.1.3]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

in some other attempt sometimes the error has also appeared:

Plesk for Linux is not found on the specified source server.

Plesk for Linux is not found on the specified source server
Do you have in related log file /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/<session ID>/debug.log something like:

Code:
|D|MT|sub.example.com|||stderr: LANG=en_US.utf-8: Command not found.
The default shell from root account on the source server is /bin/csh (or other than /bin/bash). LANG=en_US.utf-8 will fail under this shell.

?

Back