• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migration error: Failed to create subscription

gemas

New Pleskian
Hello!

We have allready migrated more then 30 accounts from Confixx V3.3 server to Plesk V12.5 (Ubuntu 14.04).

Now new migration fails with the following error message:

Detailed Migration Status
|
|- Reseller 'res1'
| |
| `- Client 'web234'
| |
| `- Subscription 'web234.one.example.de'
| |
| `- error: Failed to create subscription 'web234.one.example.de' in target panel
| Migration for that subscription is considered completely failed. No further actions are performed for it.
| Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: u'username'
|
|
`- Administrator

---

Debug log says:

stderr: Wrong syntax for command's '-passwd' parameter. Your password is not complex enough. According to the server policy, the minimal password strength is Very strong. To improve the password strength, use numbers, upper and lower-case characters, and special characters like !,@,#,$,%,^,&,*,?,_,~

---

Password security on our plesk target server is set to "very strong", was not a problem for migrator so far. (Max password length by confixx is 12 char anyway)

Plesk Migrator Version 1.14.6

Hello gemans,

This is known software issue of Plesk migrator. You can decrease Plesk security level to "medium" on migration time as workaround. This issue will be fixed in nearest update of Plesk migrator.

Last edited:
Hello!

Yes, it is a bug PMT-3034, it will be fixed in the nearest update of Plesk migrator, until the end of this week.

You can decrease Plesk security level to "medium" on migration time as workaround. This issue will be fixed in nearest update of Plesk migrator.

Very Weak and medium did not work. Do you have another suggestion?

I have used Plesk since version 7 and migrated from time to time to different servers. In the past years I think about 6-8 times. I can tell you this: I have never experienced a single migration without any errors.
Don't get me wrong: Plesk has done a lot since version 7, but migration with Plesk has always been a nightmare for me.

Is there any workaround for this? I need this migration to work.

I changed password security to "Medium" for the time of migration and it worked.. thanks!

There is an Update available guys...

After that i tried to migrate. the username error is gone, but migration does not work:

error: Failed to create subscription 'domain.com' in target panel
| | Migration for that subscription is considered completely failed. No further actions are performed for it.
| | Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Unable to create subscription 'domain.com'

this error comes up on several subscriptions

@3ed It is not so likely that you experience the same cause for the error. The message may be the same, but probably not the cause. Did you check the migration log in /var/log/plesk/PMM for details?

Back