• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration error

IanT

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

im trying to migrate from host A in the US to host B in the UK.

When i login to host B and click on migration manager, then enter the details for host A it returns error

Error: No migration agents found. Data migration is not available.

After a bit of googling it says that File and Print sharing needs to be enabled on host A which it is already however when trying to access host A in the form of \\hostA\c$ it says the network path cannot be found.

At first i thought it was my firewall so i disabled that, still no joy. I then contacted my host in the US and they say that only hosts on the same subnet can access each other using UNC paths which poses a problem for me as i need to migrate the data off as host A has been hacked and its very unstable.

What other ways can i get the data off?

thanks

Ian

Hi Igor,

my issue is that the server has about 200mb of disk space on drive C and i dont have any other drives locally so when i try and backup the server runs out of space.

i have tried mapping a share to a drive letter but when the backup starts it complains about not being able to find the path.

do you have any other suggestions?

thanks

Ian

You can connect any external hard disk and temporary change location of backups with Plesk reconfigurator. After that you can perform backup to this external disk and return backup location back.

my issue is that the Server is a virtuazzo guest which is located in a DC so i dont have that luxury :(

my issue is that the server is a virtuazzo guest which is hosted in a DC so i dont have that luxury of attaching an external disk.

Is there no way to backup directly to a server?

Ok. But what about creation backup of whole VPS and moving it to new place? :) Or migrate this VPS to new place.

yes, thats what i want to do.

Host A is maintained by another company, they are being a bit of a pain at the moment so I dont want to give them any ideas that im moving as i have no backup and if they turn it off im in trouble.

I can't migrate the whole VPS as i dont have that kind of control so i need to produce a plesk backup, then restore the clients etc into the new VPS that is a freshly built node.

I think the answer is the plesk backup rather than the migration but its the low disk space issue that is causing the problem. If i could change the path to the mapped network drive of the new VPS then i could backup fine.

But can you ask Virtuozzo server administrator to increase disk space for this VPS with Plesk?

Back