• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migration fails with current migrator

@mr-wolf

I personally do not have the issues, even though I can imagine a number of causes for problems with the Plesk Migrator.

In essence, your report is indicating the symptom of "random backup packages": backup files are incomplete or even inconsistent across time.

Can you indicate at which time you did the problematic migration?

And if yes, please indicate whether there were some (scheduled or regular) backups running in the background?

I am asking because the Plesk Migrator extension uses an odd combination of rsync, pigz and api access........and pigz can become a problem, in the case of multiple disk IOPS (read/write operations, for instance associated with regular/scheduled backups), with this problem often associated with the symptom "random backup packages".

Another potential explanation can be some service disruption in one of the servers: a decrease in network connectivity can result in an incomplete file list and this scenario is hence often associated with the symptom of "random backup packages".

Again another potential explanation is that one of your disks is not performing properly: hardware related failures.

Note that the latter two (alternative) explanations are very unlikely.

Anyway, I must agree............ it does not feel comfortable.

Regards........

This morning in a batch of 3 sites I had this. A 2nd batch didn't give this problem.....
I fixed the sites manually by creating the nginx.conf and the domain.nl.webmail.conf manually....

I can't imagine it's hardware...
It's skipping a specific logical step.
Sites are migrated one by one. All 3 had the same files missing (only nginx files).

@mr-wolf,

So, if we start discussing this, we have two important things to consider: a) Nginx related problems when migrating and b) random backup packages.

Are both the target and source server identical, in terms of:

- Nginx: version
- OpenSSL: version installed and version used to compile Nginx
- Plesk version (note: this is more or less an obvious question, I assume that Plesk is identical - but still have to ask)

In essence, I am rather interested in this particular issue, since it will prove hard to reproduce.

Regards........

Back