• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from 7.5.4 to 8.2.1 problem

P

pancho

Hi together,

i try to migrate all my clients and domains from a plesk server with 7.5.4 to another plesk server(8.2.1).
All migrations ends with that error:

Failed deployment of domain DOMAIN.de

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --create DOMAIN.de -clogin pjsashde -notify false -creation-date 2006-05-03 failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during domain creation: unable to update domain preferences: Domaindaten konnten nicht aktualisiert werden: Failed setting of domain parameters: Es existiert ein DNS-Eintrag, der auf Host www.DOMAIN.de verweist.

Only the clients are migrated.

Where can be the problem of that issue?

Thanks in advance and
best regards
pnacho

try doing it with the -V verbose setting.... it will give you more output

try doing one at a time?

Hi raaqi,

first thank you for your reply.
How can i make the migration with -V option in the command line.
I made the migration with the migration manager in Plesk.
There i had tried a migration of a single domain, but there was the same error.

Thanks in advance
and best regards

pancho

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --create DOMAIN.de -clogin pjsashde -notify false -creation-date 2006-05-03 failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during domain creation: unable to update domain preferences: Domaindaten konnten nicht aktualisiert werden: Failed setting of domain parameters: Es existiert ein DNS-Eintrag, der auf Host www.DOMAIN.de verweist.

run do the same from the the shell as root, but it would be great if you use english, i just do not know german and canot understand what error says:

# export LANG=C
# /usr/local/psa/bin/domain --create DOMAIN.de -clogin pjsashde -notify false -creation-date 2006-05-03

Originally posted by pancho
Hi together,

i try to migrate all my clients and domains from a plesk server with 7.5.4 to another plesk server(8.2.1).
All migrations ends with that error:

Stderr is

Only the clients are migrated.

Where can be the problem of that issue?

Thanks in advance and
best regards
pnacho

The error just reports that DNS record www.DOMAIN.de already exists, so Plesk could not add another similar DNS record.

Search for the DNS record in table psa.dns_recs:

~# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa
mysql> select dns_zone_id, host from dns_recs where host like '%www.DOMAIN.de%';

then use dns_zone_id value received to discover domain name:

mysql> select name from domains where dns_zone_id=ID;

Get to the domain in Plesk and re-configure it DNS zone.

./anb

Hello again,

i treid that but there are no DNS entries for the domains.
I also tried from shell with:
/usr/local/psa/bin/domain --create www.DOMAIN -clogin pjaschke -notify false -creation-date 2006-05-03
An error occured during domain creation: unable to update domain preferences: Domaindaten konnten nicht aktualisiert werden: Failed setting of domain parameters: Es existiert ein DNS-Eintrag, der auf Host www.DOMAIN verweist.

i cant find anything on the server with the DOMAIN name. So i cant understand where the fault is.
Have you or someone else another idea what the next step to find the problem is?

thanks
pancho

Back