• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from 8.1.1 to 8.6.0

C

Chris Riley

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good tutorials for the Plesk migration manager, specifically between two Linux boxes?

I am having real issues here, I was told this was fairly simple but I can't find any good documentation.

Many Thanks

I got this from being walked through the process from a very knoledgable person, it was not without issues, my large sites (+1GB) migrated without the httpdocs dir. The logs indicate something went wrong on the tar creation process on the source node. I am still looking into this. I also had to break it up so that I did 10-20 sites during any one migration. Other than that this may be a good starting point... I may not be able to answer question you have but I will try.

1. look at network of source container, main IP and additional IP's and which are shared and exclusive
2. change IP's from source node to something other than what they are (temp)
a. this will begin the downtime for your customers, but when each site completes migration, they are automatically up on new node
b. NOTE*** IP's only affecting vz, not plesk, they are not connected
3. Build new container to match old container spec, including old IP's
4. go through initial config of plesk
5. move license over from source node
6.check source IP list to destination IP list and very shared/exclusive settings for each
7. start migration, provide root of old node, select clients to migrate
a. you may need to enable ssh on old node.
8. select clients tab, you may need to split them up.
9. check to see that IP are on both sides of migration step
10. database leave alone
11, once all site are migrated, edit plesk node in pba to be new info
modify
network settings hostname
plesk container properties, select new hardware node, CTID
NOTE, if customer cannot connect to control panel, go to customer subscription, click sync plesk Domain

Back