• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from Confixx 3.3.9PRO to Plesk 12.5.30#12

stonegate

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

i am trying to migrate customers from Confixx to Plesk. This has been working perfectly in the past but for some odd reason it now does not work anymore.

It is complaining about a missing /etc/psa/psa.conf file on the Source Server (Confixx 3.3.9 PRO). This file was copied from another server but still it says the file would be missing.

What can i do ? I get the following error in the log:

Code:
[INFO] START: Check if migration list file already exists
[INFO] FINISH: Check if migration list file already exists
[INFO] START: Check migrator updates
[INFO] FINISH: Check migrator updates
[INFO] START: Check connections
[ERROR] Failed to check Plesk API connection to the source server 'source' (192.168.0.100): The command "/bin/grep -m1 -E '^\s*PRODUCT_ROOT_D' /etc/psa/psa.conf" executed at the source server 'source' (192.168.0.100) returned a non-zero exit code.
============================================================================
Stderr:
/bin/grep: /etc/psa/psa.conf: No such file or directory

Stdout:

1. If this happened because of a network issue, re-run the migration tool.
2. Ensure that the host is up and there are no firewall rules that may block SSH connection to the host.
3. To investigate the issue, login to the host by SSH, run the command and look at the result.
[INFO] START: Check if migration list file already exists
[INFO] FINISH: Check if migration list file already exists
[INFO] START: Check migrator updates
[INFO] FINISH: Check migrator updates
[INFO] START: Check connections
[ERROR] Failed to check Plesk API connection to the source server 'source' (192.168.0.100): The command "/bin/grep -m1 -E '^\s*PRODUCT_ROOT_D' /etc/psa/psa.conf" executed at the source server 'source' (192.168.0.100) returned a non-zero exit code.
Stderr:

Stdout:

1. If this happened because of a network issue, re-run the migration tool.
2. Ensure that the host is up and there are no firewall rules that may block SSH connection to the host.
3. To investigate the issue, login to the host by SSH, run the command and look at the result.

I have changed the Source IP in this log for security reasons. Of course its running on a real IP :)

I can SSH from the target box onto the source box with the used credentials just fine. No Firewall in-between is blocking port 22 or something.

Does anyone have any idea ? I even copied the psa.conf File from another server. Then it does not complain about the file missing but gives no sane error at all.

KR
Stoney

Last edited:
It seems the problem is that the current Plesk is not handling the GUI / WEB Migration correct. It does not recognize the source Server to be a confixx server.

I did a search for config.ini and found it in: /opt/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20151125172948/config.ini

This config.ini was wrong showing source and target servers to be a "plesk" system which is wrong. I edited it manually but couldnt get the webgui to accept the changed file. It always complained about the content of the file. So i decided to give up on the GUI Web Migration Tool and run the Migration on the box (target) via SSH.

So i SSHed into the target plesk server and did the following things to solve the issue and run the migration manually - i hope i can help other people with this problem:

Code:
1) Copied confixx.simple.ini from:

/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/conf/samples/confixx.simple.ini

to: /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/conf/config.ini (i had to create the /conf directory first!)

2) Edited it and filled in the correct Target/Source Server IPs and SSH Credentials

3) Generated the Migration List: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator generate-migration-list --skip-services-checks

4) Ran the Migration: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator transfer-accounts --skip-services-checks

Last edited:
Well, it seems there is still something not working correctly..

My /var/log/plesk/PMM/pmmcli.log is getting spammed for over 2,5 hours now with the following:

Code:
[2015-11-25 22:13:11.271|15701] DEBUG: --> <pmmcli.GetTaskStatusAction object at 0x7fac3a376710>
[2015-11-25 22:13:11.271|15701] INFO: parameters: ['1']
[2015-11-25 22:13:11.278|15701] DEBUG: <pmmcli.ActionRunner object at 0x7fac3a3766d0>: doActivity
[2015-11-25 22:13:11.278|15701] DEBUG: Acquired session mutex: MainThread
[2015-11-25 22:13:11.279|15701] DEBUG: Acquired session mutex: MainThread
[2015-11-25 22:13:11.281|15701] DEBUG: Released session mutex: MainThread
[2015-11-25 22:13:11.282|15701] DEBUG: Acquired session mutex: MainThread
[2015-11-25 22:13:11.282|15701] DEBUG: Released session mutex: MainThread
[2015-11-25 22:13:11.283|15701] DEBUG: Released session mutex: MainThread
[2015-11-25 22:13:11.283|15701] DEBUG: <pmmcli.GetTaskStatusAction object at 0x7fac3a376710>: response
[2015-11-25 22:13:11.285|15701] INFO: Outgoing packet:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><response>
    <errcode>0</errcode>
    <data>
        <task-status task-id="1">
            <mixed>
                <restore>
                    <conflict-resolve task-id="2">
                        <finished log-location="/opt/psa/PMM/rsessions/20151125200813369/conflict-resolve.log.xml" status="success">
</finished>
                    </conflict-resolve>
                </restore>
            </mixed>
        </task-status>
    </data>
</response>

The last thing i see from the plesk-migration process i started is:

Code:
[INFO] [web424.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web579.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web38.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web31.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web416.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web332.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web232.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web235.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web234.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web539.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web147.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web146.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web140.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web142.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web148.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web536.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web438.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web437.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web526.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web488.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web521.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web326.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web482.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web528.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web170.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web541.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web407.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web403.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web408.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web207.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [web609.servername.provider.tld] Restore logins of system users
[INFO] FINISH: Restore logins of system users
[INFO] Refresh components list on target Windows servers
[INFO] Import backup dumps to target panel's repository
[INFO] FINISH: Restore hosting settings
[INFO] [web0.servername.provider.tld] Restore hosting settings of subscription
[INFO] [web552.servername.provider.tld] Restore hosting settings of subscription
[INFO] [web553.servername.provider.tld] Restore hosting settings of subscription
[INFO] [web499.servername.provider.tld] Restore hosting settings of subscription
[INFO] [web492.servername.provider.tld] Restore hosting settings of subscription

I cannot see any progress after web492´s "Restore hosting settings of subscription"
The target´s partition is not filling with more data and i cannot see a SSH connection from the target on the source server. However i see the plesk-migration running on the target server without anything happening.

What is going on ? Any ideas ?
KR
Stoney

Now i restarted the whole migration and it did not copy any webcontent or emails. It just created the users in plesk.

I am giving up.

@Odin/Plesk Guys: Please provide a working Web Migration Tool again. The version you released on 25.11.15 does not work with Confixx Migrations.

KR
Stoney

Hello!

Plesk Migrator 1.3 is able to perform migration from Confixx, but it is available only via CLI. See http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/mi...vers/migrating-from-a-server-running-confixx/ for details.

Plesk Migrator 1.4 (will be released at Dec, 02) will be able to migrate from Confixx both via CLI and GUI.

Well, it seems there is still something not working correctly..

My /var/log/plesk/PMM/pmmcli.log is getting spammed for over 2,5 hours now with the following:

Plesk Migrator logs accessible here:

/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/logs/panel-migrator.log
/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/logs/panel-migrator.debug.log

Info log contain the same, as console output. Debug log content a lot of technical output that could be very useful to investigate the reason of failure, if it happen. If any issue occurs during migration, details will be appended to logs. In your case, probably, something occurs during restoring dump of subscription web492.servername.provider.tld on your target server. Details (include last executed command) should be stored in Plesk Migrator debug log. No need to see PMM logs in the most cases. The only reason to do it - deep investigation of root causes of difficult problems.

Plesk Migrator workflow (high level) for each subscription is the following:
  • Create customer on target
  • Create empty subscription on target
  • Restore hosting settings of this subscription (create empty databases, sub domains, add-on domain, mailboxes, etc.)
  • Copy files from source to target
  • Copy databases (create SQL dump of each database on source and restore it on target)
  • Copy e-mail
So, if you have fail on restore hosting settings step, last steps will not be performed for this subscription (others will not be affected). You are able to run migration of the same domain again and again (it means, that you see problem details, fix it and try again), nothing bad could happen.

Probably, in your case target Plesk faced some problems when creating subscription assets (at restore hosting stage), or it takes much time. Could you please try to migrate subscription web492.servername.provider.tld again? If you see the same problem, I would be glad to investigate it on you environment. Could you please contact me with private conversation in this case?

Need to note, that if you use config.ini, created via GUI, it will include following lines in [GLOBAL] section:

[GLOBAL]
session-dir = "20151126130840"
use-separate-log = true

In this case Plesk Migrator logs will be written into session directory:

/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20151126130840/info.log
/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20151126130840/debug.log

Hi,

I also experienced problems wing when making the migration, but the origin is a plesk 8.6, and the target is a plesk 12.5.
I tested on a computer with Plesk 12.0 and I had no problem, but with the plesk 12.5 gives me connection error or credentials.

attachmen the logs.

Attachments

• 20160211102129.debug (2).log
    177.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20160211102129.debug (2).log
    177.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20160211102129.info (2).log
    2.4 KB · Views: 2
Back