• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Migration from Plesk 11 to Plesk Onyx 17 mod_python problem

TomP

Basic Pleskian
I'm moving several Drupal and Wordpress based sites from a Centos 5.9; Plesk 11.0.9 to a new ‪CentOS Linux 7.3.1611; Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #12. The only error I'm getting that worries me is: "The component mod_python is not installed on the destination server. mod_python will be unavailable for all restored objects"

I don't do any developing in Python, but I think, but I'm not sure, both Drupal and Wordpress modules use it. I know mod_python is no longer supported in centos 7, and I'm not sure what to do next.

I checked at the command line and it says version 2.7.5 is installed, but I can't see anywhere in Plesk I can enable it. Any ideas? Thanks

I think that it is not the critical issue. I think that mod_python is not used on your hosting but just enabled for Apache. You can ignore this warning. But note that mod_python is available in the EPEL repo. You can add it and afterward the command "yum install mod_python" will install this component.

Thanks. I think I agree with you. This is the first time doing a migration and I just expected everything to go wrong.

i have done a migration from ubuntu 12.04 with plesk 11.5 to Centos 7 with plesk 17 and ignored this message, things went well without problems!!! i had several websites migrated well

Thank you all for the help. I'm just going to simplify things on the old server a bit more then try again today.

Back