• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [MIGRATION]From Plesk Onyx to Plesk Onyx : Incompatible ssh server (no acceptable macs)

Justin

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

I am stuck with this issue since this morning and am unable to figure it out. I recently bought a new dedicated server and needed to migrate from my current one. They both have Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 update #4. Both are up-to-date.

I had already followed the instructions here:
Failed to connect to the source server by SSH: Incompatible ssh server (no acceptable macs)

I added:
Code:
MACs hmac-sha1,hmac-md5,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5-96
And restarted sshd on the source server, but still gave me the same error message. I also added the MACs to the new server and restarted sshd, still didn't work. I tried searching around the net and forum, but so far I have no luck in finding a solution.

I did:
Code:
#grep MAC /etc/ssh/sshd_config
Output:
MACs [email protected],[email protected],[email protected],hmac-sha2-512,hmac-sha2-256,hmac-ripemd160
MACs hmac-sha1,hmac-md5,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5-96

Everything looks correct. Am I missing anything here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Both servers runs CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 with the latest kernel. Migrating from Plesk 12.5 to Plesk Onyx did not give me this issue after adding the MACs. Only from Onyx to Onyx

Thank you!

Last edited:
I am not familiar with the specific problem, but from the output you are showing in your recent post it seems that there are two different lines with the MACs in your /etc/ssh/sshd_config. This couldd mean that the first takes precedence over the second, so actually the addendum that the KB article suggests remains inactive. I suggest to check that file for the other MAC line and add the configuration to the existing line, then restart sshd, then try migration again.

Thanks, Peter it works!

So I did MACs hmac-sha1,hmac-md5,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5-96 to the first line

Output:
MACs hmac-sha1,hmac-md5,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5-96,[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],hmac-sha2-512,hmac-sha2-256,hmac-ripemd160

Restarted sshd, started new migration and now everything is working. Is weird how this does not happen when migrating from Plesk 12.5

Back