• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from Qmail to Postfix...

Scott D.

New Pleskian
Using the Plesk's migration manager, should I be able to migrate all accounts (including domains AND email) from a Fedora 7 / Qmail setup to an Ubuntu 8.04 / Postfix setup? My greatest concern is the email since they are completely different platforms. Both are running Plesk 9.5.

Thanks for all of your help!

Scott

Mailnames structure (/var/qmail/mailnames/) is equal for both MTAs on Plesk. Therefore you can safely migrate mailboxes from one MTA to other.

A word of warning: You may run into troubles because of cross-platform. But generally, the migration from a Qmail machine to a Postfix machine is fairly painless. It's when you try to convert an existing Qmail system to Postfix that you will run into some trouble.

how easy is it going back to qmail. I am having nothing but problems with postfix

I'm not sure, because as soon as I could get away from Qmail, I did. It's a fine MTA, but I just don't like its logging, and being familiar with Sendmail & Postfix, it was a natural choice. What kinds of troubles are you having with the Postfix? Maybe somebody could help you with that.

Back