• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migration impossible between Onyx/Windows Servers

MiTo

Basic Pleskian
To re-install one of my servers with windows instead linunx i had to migrate the websites manually what was very time intesnisve. When the server was freshly installed i just brought it to the same patch level and tried to migrate back...now with the Plesk migrator.

Impossible !

First i got messages that my passwords might be wrong - but they weren't.

Next try (manual) i got the msg that rpc service would not be startetd on the source.
I DL the package on the source run it, it said "ready to migrate" but....same error msg again.

upload_2016-11-8_13-31-2.png
So i checked the error logs the firewall and whatever could be. Rule to firewall was added correctly, service was started. Then i found out from the logs that migrator looks for the rpc folder in c:\program files (86)\plesk_migrator...but there was no such directory. In Windows root there was no such directory (on both servers with Migrator extension installed). The downloaded packages inflated into root drive so i moved the folder on both machines to the c:\program files (86)\plesk_migrator folder, started the service on the source again and started migration tool on the target....but....same again...

upload_2016-11-8_13-31-2.png
I have no more idea what to do....but i would like to save the time to do the re-migration manually again.
Btw. i cannot even do that because i have no actual backups available:

https://talk.plesk.com/threads/ppp-26655-ppp-26740-after-upgrade-backup-not-work.339885/

crying-emoticon1.png crying-emoticon1.png crying-emoticon1.png

Any ideas ? You could save my day...no...my week....so many thx in advance....

And of course the Config: both Servers run Plesk Onyx 17.0.15 patch5 on Windows 2012R2 with actual patchlevel...

Same credentials i logon to windows via RDP and i am able to admistrate the server outside plesk....so should be. That's each the only user i got since the setup.
But yes, i found Plesk user policy ever confusing...you never know exactly if you are just using a Plesk- or an OS- Admin/root....

Hello MiTo,

1. Check that RPC agent is accessible from target server:
- open target Plesk
- open Plesk Migrator extension
- click finish on all existing migrations and wait until them will be removed
- click Start a new migration
- select manual setup and download RPC agent package (important step, do not use old or packages that was downloaded from another servers!)
- upload RPC agent to the source server and start it under builtin Administrator account.
- go to target server and try "telnet SOURCE_IP 10155"
Telnet should connect to RPC agent on the source server and blank screen with blinking cursor of command prompt was shown. If it is true go to step 2.
If you see that telnet failed to connect then you have issue with firewalls or network issues between source and target servers.
Check that not exist firewalls that can block connections from target to source server using 10155 and 10156 ports.

2. RPC agent is executed on the source server and accessible from target server, so we can start new migration on the target server.
- open target Plesk
- open Plesk Migrator extension
- click Start a new migration
- leave setup mode on "Automatic"
- fill all fields. Use builtin administrator accounts.
- Click prepare migration.
Migration should be started successfully.

Back