• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migration: mailman sends 'welcome-mails'

southy

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,
I'm just about to migrate between two Plesk 8.2 Servers and just noticed that when I migrate a customer who uses mailman-lists, then all the recipients get the "you have been subscribed"-message again.

That's a problem because an a big list that will result in many support-calls.

Can I prevent that?
I tried:
- shutting down qmail for the time
- putting the domain (obviously my own) into the blacklist

(for the time of the migration)

But nothing works, obviously because all the rules won't apply to mails goint out FROM the server.

Any ideas? Isn't there some deamon I could stop just for the time of the migration to prevent the mails to be sent out and then dump the queue before restarting?

I suppore stopping mailman won't work because then the list members will not be imported properly.

Thanks for your suggestions,
southy

P.S.: Why is it that users that are added to a list via the plesk interface won't show up in the mailman interface and vice versa?

I guess this has been happening in Plesk for awhile.. A solution I've heard is to stop qmail and manually delete the messages from the queue.

Back