• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Manager 7.5.4->8.0.1

Dr Zoidberg

New Pleskian
Hi folks,
I'm trying Migration Manager for the first time and am not having much joy. I've read most of the threads on here and have also studied the Plesk manual.

I log in as "admin" with password set correctly and set Sudo password to that of root.

I leave "Data import" unchecked (no info on what this is about in Plesk manual), set the working directory to usr/local/psa/PMM/var and leave the mount point to the default /

It seems to do something for a few seconds and then I get the following error:

Cannot send scout to the remote host

Failed to execute scout.
The return code is 1
The output on STDERR is

Sorry, try again.

Sorry, try again.

sudo: 2 incorrect password attempts

Please, can someone advise what I am doing wrong?

TIA.

Possibly two things could be wrong,

1. firewall - have you blocked access to the ip of the new server you are trying to migrate to?

2. Your old server may not allow "root" to log remotely and/or the userid (if not root) does not have sudo priviledges on the old server.

Check your firewall settings and to give "admin" sudo rights on old server, do the following:

Edit the sudo file on the old server using this command: (WARNING: Only edit the sudo file using the visudo command)o:

#/usr/sbin/visudo

add the following line
"user" ALL=(ALL) ALL

Originally posted by jwdick
Possibly two things could be wrong,

1. firewall - have you blocked access to the ip of the new server you are trying to migrate to?

The new server (to which I wish to migrate) allows SSH from the old server. The old server (from which I wish to migrate) allows SSH from any address for the moment.

2. Your old server may not allow "root" to log remotely and/or the userid (if not root) does not have sudo priviledges on the old server.

Check your firewall settings and to give "admin" sudo rights on old server, do the following:

Edit the sudo file on the old server using this command: (WARNING: Only edit the sudo file using the visudo command)o:

#/usr/sbin/visudo

add the following line
"user" ALL=(ALL) ALL

Thanks, I'll try this and let you know!

Thanks for your help - all's working now.

FYI setting the permissions as advised on the old server fixed part of the problem. The other part was in my description of how I was logging in - namely, "I log in as "admin" with password set correctly and set Sudo password to that of root."

This is incorrect: it should read, "I log in as "admin" with password set correctly and set Sudo password to that of admin."

Thanks for your help - apart from a couple of bugs which I'm going to post about separately, this seems like a very handy tool.

Another reason may be that ssh server must run on port 22.

If you changed it (for security reasons) change it back for the migration.

actually your SSH does not have to run on port 22, but root login has to be enabled.

just enter the IP address like:

IP:pORT

15.15.15.155:2222

Works for me

DC
:cool:

Back