• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Manager 7.5 to 8.. WONT WORK

M

matt.tracy

Hello everyone, Im simi new to plesk, well new to its indepth hell but been using it for over a year. I got a new server with Plesk 8 and my old one which I need gone in a couple days or less running 7.5. I try to run the migration manager and it says " Cannot send scout to the remote host

Failed to execute scout.
The return code is 1
The output on STDERR is

Sorry, user mattskiboo123 is not allowed to execute '/usr/bin/perl' as root on ip-216-69-178-113.ip.secureserver.net.

and root doesnt work, hell it doesnt even get me this far... What do I need to do.. Please help ASAP

hi
- you updated your old plesk to the newest patchlevel via updater?
- is ssh daemon running on port 22?

greets
zeki

Originally posted by matt.tracy

Failed to execute scout.
The return code is 1
The output on STDERR is

Sorry, user mattskiboo123 is not allowed to execute '/usr/bin/perl' as root on ip-216-69-178-113.ip.secureserver.net.

Your problem is that your username "mattskiboo123" does not have priviledges on the old box to allow the migration manager to work. To solve this problem, give your user "root" priviledges:

CAUTION: only edit the sudo file with the visudo command:

to give your login user id: access to sudo:
#/usr/sbin/visudo

add the following line (use the format of the example in the sudo file)
"user" ALL=(ALL) ALL

Back