1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Migration Manager fails, cant migrate databases

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by JarlSX, Apr 26, 2006.

1. JarlSX

JarlSX Guest

Hi,

i recently upgraded to Plesk 8.0.0

now i try to migrate a site from another server (running Ensim), which worked with Plesk 7.5.4, but fails with 8.0.0

it does create the database, but fails to create tables and fill them with data

error i got is

"Cannot add user delinden_com to database because of new password style and mysql server is too old "

both servers run mysql 3.23.58

checking the mysql table, turns out the user is also created, but the already encrypted passwords arent copied directly, but encrypted again

is this a bug? a setting i must change?
    do i have to upgrade mysql on the plesk server?

have been going through EnsimX.pl and other scripts, but cant really find where this (unnecessary ) encryption is done

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

Jarl

2. JarlSX

JarlSX Guest

temp fix: wrote myself a couple of perl scripts to export/import the mysql databases and create the users in mysql and psa databases