• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Manager Pleasek Reloaded 7.5.3

C

cawweb

I am experiencing an issue with the Migration Manager in Plesk now. I enter in the IP and admin password to that server and it displays...

Failed to upload the migration agent
Cannot send scout to the remote host
Lost connection with the remote host

Any ideas? I have read that Migration Manager requires root login and I am using the same un/pswd as I would if I were to SSH/Telnet to the server.

Have you checked if there is a firewall setup on the server you try to upload the agent to?

I am using the same un/pswd as I would if I were to SSH/Telnet
But is it root? I can SSH or Telnet into my servers as a non-root user, and use 'su', but since Plesk says 'requires root login', I would do as they say. Especially since it isn't working with your other username/pwd.

I will have to check with the company that I colo with. I doubt they will give me "root" as I am hosting 2 cobalts now with them. I wasn't getting good service and the cobalts were activng up, so I got a dedicated server with Plesk. My hopes were that I could migrate my 100+ sites through this utility and then when all sites were transitioned, pull the plug on the old servers and colo provider.

Thanks jamesyeeoc and rembrandt.

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
But is it root? I can SSH or Telnet into my servers as a non-root user, and use 'su', but since Plesk says 'requires root login', I would do as they say. Especially since it isn't working with your other username/pwd.

Actually PMM requires root login or login with *sudo* (not *su*) privileges. And more: sudo was broken in 7.5.3 but support said it was fixed in upcoming 7.5.4

Back